For the latest club news visit the OLTA Facebook page.
For the latest tournament information visit the OLTA Texas Open Facebook page.
Many people are distinctly uncomfortable with the Facebook facial recognition feature.Here’s how to disable:
In order to be on the OLTA membership distribution list and receive emails you must: 1) Be a current member in good standing AND 2) Register with the oltadallas.org website.
You cannot register with this website unless you are a current member who has paid dues and gone through the membership registration process.
If you are already a member but fail to register with the website you will not receive email communication from the organization.
The membership roster is never shared with any third parties, is not publicly viewable or searchable, and is accessible only by other members after logging in.
You don’t have to post a picture or phone number unless you want to; we just need your name and a valid email address.
To register for oltadallas.org and gain full access to the website including the members only section follow these steps:
1. Navigate to www.oltadallas.org.
2. In the upper right corner click “Log In.”
3. You will be shown an “error” screen.
4. At the bottom of the “error” screen click “register.”
5. In the ensuing registration form fill in the fields
7. Click “Register.”
8. You will receive an email confirming your registration.
The webmaster will automatically be notified that you have registered. He will then activate your account and notify you by email.
You will then be able to log in using the username and password you selected plus you will be in the loop for all activities throughout the season.
Get Important OLTA Updates on Your Phone!
Sign up for Twitter.
Trying to make your life a little easier when it comes to OLTA updates is what Twitter is all about.
By signing up to follow OLTA on Twitter, you will have the ability to get instant last-minute information on your phone as a text message.
In order to get activated to follow OLTA on Twitter, we ask you to do the following …
1. Sign up for a Twitter account
* Go to www.twitter.com
* Click on the “Get Started – Join!” icon
* Fill in all the information down to the “Create my account”
* If no one has your username, etc. it will take you to a page that says “See if your friends are on Twitter” – fill in the password you entered on the previous page and hit “continue”
* Once that page loads, click on the “Find People” link at the top of the page
* When that page loads, there should be a box with “Who are you looking for?” above it. Type ‘oltadallas’ in the box.
* When that page loads, you will see the OLTA logo with “oltadallas.” Click on the “Follow” box.
2. Configure your account to receive OLTA “tweets” on your phone as text messages
* Go to your Twitter home page and click on “cog” in the upper right corner.
* Click “settings.”
* From the left menu click “mobile.”
* Enter your mobile phone number then click “activate phone.”
* From your phone text “go” to 40404.
* From your home page click “following.”
* Locate “oltadallas.” Click the “person” icon beside the word “following.”
* Click “turn on mobile notifications.”
* Congratulations! Your account is now configured to receive timely “tweets” from OLTA
Oak Lawn Tennis Association respects the privacy of its members.
Content posted to the general area is immediately visible to the outside world and is searchable through Google and other major search engines.
Authors should use discretion when posting and should not post personal information (such as names, telephone numbers, and email addresses) in the general area.